Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Midweek Outlook (17 Oct 2006)






Manchester United vs FC Copenhagen

"...We may see key players rested or at the very least put on the bench and still win this game....."
- JayWalk, 17 Oct 2006

A win tonight and it's qualification for us. What better advantage then to play against the weakest team in the group at home? The win against Wigan during the weekend was a morale-boosting one especially when we see Rooney returning to form.

The bad news is that we have a Liverpool crunch game this coming Sunday. However, I won't be too worried given the crappy form that Benitez' boys are currently going through. Heck, I don't even know if they'll be able to make it past Bordeaux away in this midweek's ECL fixture. Also, playing this game at Old Trafford will help us a bit along the way too.

The fact that Fergie played Rooney in the Wigan game comes to show us his confidence towards tonight's game. We may see key players rested or at the very least put on the bench and still win this game.

JayWalk The Talk: Neville and Ronaldo were seen training on Monday and as such, I am confident to say that both of them should be available for selection, while Park, Heinze and Silvestre remained out.

Even with a full squad to choose from, Fergie would opt for squad rotation and partly to save up for the Liverpool game. While I don't think keyplayers will be omitted, I think some may be put on the bench and be called into action, just in case something goes wrong against FC Copenhagen.

JayWalk The Walk: Bookies are putting ManUtd to give up 1.75-ball and a decimal odds of 1.85 to beat that. If this were a game where ManUtd goes all out 100%, I would have gladly put my wager on them scoring 3 or more goals. However, knowing the fact that they will be saving up ahead of Sunday's game against Liverpool, I am not so confident anymore.

I say just stay away and enjoy the game on it's own.

Disclaimer: The above views are purely my own two-cents' worth. In other words, I cannot and will not guarantee that my predictions are accurate. If you want to bet on the game, do so at your own risk. Also, please bet responsibly and within your means regardless of how "sure thing" that game may appear to be. As the old saying goes, "The Ball Is Round". Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home